7/23/09

Joyous Services

Ps 122:1 “I rejoiced with those who said to me, ‘let us go to the house of the Lord.’”

Going to God’s house is a joyous matter.
– It should be!
And if it’s not = something is wrong.
Generally speaking; this is a great indicator of effective church services – that there is a joy factor involved. Joy for going and joy for having been.

I have a part to play. God wants to use me to bring joy into people's lives. Let's use our time, gifting and influence to ensure that those who attend church with me experience this: the rejoicing … the joy … in God’s house.

Whether I'm the pastor, the greeter at the door, the songleader, the person behind the coffee counter or the one who packs out the chairs, I do it all joyfully, as unto the Lord, knowing that my little bit helps to build His church. Even when I'm simpy sitting in my chair waiting for the service to begin, I can share a smile and friendly "hallo" with those sitting around me.

Prayer:
Father, fill our hearts with Your joy. Help us to bring joy into our homes and our churches.

No comments:

Post a Comment