2/11/10

Our God IS an awesome God!


There's a few times I've tried to comprehend how big the sun is, and how relatively small our planet earth is. And then to think how relatively small I am compared to the size of the earth. I look at the mountains, and the ocean and nature all around me... to think, it's been here for thousands of years before me and will be here for thousands of years after I breath my last breath.
Man, I'm really small! And my life IS but a vapour.

Then I look at the stars, and I'm blown away by its size and brilliance. And to think God knows each star by name... now that's mind blowing!

I can't help but echo the words of the psalmist; "what is man that You are mindful of him?"

Then He reminds me of the words... "I know your name."
In the end, that's all that matters... He knows my name. (John 10:3)

Even if you cannot comprehend how big the universe is, or how long the earth has been in existence. The one thing that matters most is this - that He knows your name, and that your name is written in His book of life. (Rev 20)



Isaiah 40:25-26
"To whom will you compare me?
Or who is my equal?" says the Holy One.
Lift your eyes and look to the heavens:
Who created all these?
He who brings out the starry host one by one,
and calls them each by name.
Because of His great power and mighty strength,
not one of them is missing."

Our God IS an awesome God!

1 comment: