5/27/09

“I’m lost – please rescue me.”


Ps 119:176 “I have strayed like a lost sheep. Seek Your servant, for I have not forgotten Your commands”.



“I’m lost – please find me.”
“I’m lost – please rescue me.”

This verse mirrors the 3 parables of Jesus in Luke 15. The lost sheep, the lost coin, and the lost (prodigal) son.
God answered this prayer in Luke 15, where Jesus tells the story of a Shepherd who went out looking for that one lost sheep. I suppose if you asked the shepherd what motivated him to leave the 99 to look for the one that was lost, he would probably answer: "every one matters."


Whenever we find ourselves lost, away from God – we can turn our face towards Him, and cry for help.
Even our heroes from the Bible found themselves lost and far from God at times.
But God runs to us if we but start walking to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment