8/26/09

The Door is Open (Revelation 4)

11 days to go until the Multi Media presentation of Revelation as a book of Hope.

Grace Church, Perth, 6 Sept'09 - 6pm. Afrikaans Service

Rev 4:1 After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this."


John sees an open door in the heavens. A voice from heaven calls him to come up through that door to enter God's realm... heaven.

There are many references to 'doors' in the bible, both symbolic and physical.

In Exodus12:7 the Israelites had to put blood on the door frames of their homes, and only then would the angel of death pass over their homes, thus sparing the family gathered in that house.

Jesus told a parable of ten virgins with lamps, waiting for the bridegroom to come. 5 foolish virgins fell asleep and missed the bridegroom.
Matt 25:10 "The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut."

Jesus referred to himself as the "door" to eternal life. We have to go through Him to the Father.
John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

The door in Revelations is a symbolic picture of Jesus, the only way by which we can enter the kingdom of God. He is THE door.
John 10:7 Therefore Jesus said again, "I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep.

Mat 25:11 & 12"Later the others (the foolish virgins) also came. 'Sir! Sir!' they said. 'Open the door for us!'
"But he replied, 'I tell you the truth, I don't know you.'
The door that John saw in heaven was open, so let men seek God while He may be found, for there will come a time when that door will be closed, and those who seek to enter through can no longer do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment