8/20/09

Jesus revealed as Emmanuel in Revelation

In the first Chapter of Revelation, John describes a marvellous vision of Jesus.

On the Lord's Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet...I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me.
(Rev 1:10-12)



John hears a voice behind him, and he turns around to see that it is Jesus speaking to him.This was not a humble or simple image of Jesus. Rather he sees Jesus displayed in awesome power, glory and majesty.
Jesus is standing between 7 golden lamp stands. These lamp stands are a picture of the different churches, who are 'light bearers' of the Gospel.
Jesus is also pictured as standing in the midst of the 7 lamp stands, personifying that He is among His people. He does not stand to one side, apart from us, but among us. And that is why Jesus is also called 'Emmanuel.'
He is the God who is with us.’

Please pray for our upcoming Afrikaans Service where I will be presenting a MultiMedia overview of the Book of Revelation - Sunday night 6 Spetember'09.

No comments:

Post a Comment