9/17/09

Seasons change

Psalm 126:4-6 “And now, God, do it again – bring rains to our drought-stricken lives so those who planted their crops in despair will shout 'hurrahs' at the harvest, so those who went off with heavy hearts will come home laughing, with arm loads of blessing.”

(Pictured - cherry blossoms in Spring.)
Seasons change. What was empty will be filled. What was broken, restored. That which looked dead – brought to life. Such is the nature of our God. He is able to take our brokenness, and swing it around and bring restoration. Such is the business of God – those are His miracles.

No matter how broken we feel, or how desperate things seem – God is able to make all things work together for good. The worst that could happen to us in this life is death - and even that's not so bad (for the child of God.) Paul puts it into perspective when he writes: “for me to live is Christ – and to die is gain.” (Phil 1:21)

Prayer: "Father – as I look back on my life, I’ve seen how You’ve brought me through valleys and mountains. Help me to lean into You. To trust You. To obey You.
You know best, Lord. Have Your way." Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment