9/23/09

Above all created things

Psalm 148:13(c) “… His splendour is above the earth and the heavens.”



The Psalmist calls all created things to praise their Creator. God's splendour is displayed all around us, in all that is created. Flowers that bloom in the brightest colours; gigantic clouds that form in hues of blue and grey; the night sky that sparkle with millions of stars, galaxies that are unseen. Looking around us we can see creation's beauty displayed. But it cannot compare to it's Creator. Creation is but a reflection of Him… a “finger print” left behind by the greatest Artist I know. How great is our God?!

God is above all created things. He is even greater, more awesome and more majestic than all that I can see or experience here on earth.
That which I can “see” blows me away... nature … sound … colour … taste … emotions … texture …
→ imagine beholding heaven, and then setting your eyes on Him, the Creator of it all.
Maybe that's why God said to Moses “You cannot see My face; for no man can see Me and live.” Our bodies could not cope with it. It would be overpowering and too much to take in.

Prayer:
"God, You are so huge … it blows my mind just to think of your greatness. I stand in awe of You."

No comments:

Post a Comment